"Australia First" - "Dragon Fruit Festival"
First Ever Australian Event, "The Dragon Fruit Festival"
Date: 7th March 2009
Red Fox Pitaya’s
27 Calvert Rd, East Nanango 4615.
FOLLOW THE SIGNS FROM THE CENTRE OF TOWN
Variety of Festival Events:
- Crowning - Dragon Fruit Princess
- Educational Talks - Dragon Fruit Growing - Originated
- Growing and Production - Koubo fruit -(Vanilla Ice Cream Cacti)
- Information - How to Cultivate Dry Climate Plants
- Costume Contest - Children - Theme: Fantasy - Nights - Princess - Fairies -Dragons
- 20 Door Prizes
- Guess - Weight of the Largest Dragon Fruit Competition
- Tasting of Dragon Fruit Products
- Local Delicacies and Produce.
- Award Winning Dragon Fruit Wine
- Jumping Castle for the Kids
The official opening will be at 2 o’clock. There will be a $2 admission charge for Adults and Teenagers over 16 years. All other children are free.
For a great day out come to Red Fox Pitaya’s Dragon fruit Festival. It will be held on the first Saturday of March. The same Day as the Nanango Country markets which are the Biggest in South-East Queensland. Nanango is the place to be. There will be entertainment for the children and adults plus dragon fruit products and fruit for sale, along with a variety of interesting stalls. This will all be held in the relaxing rainforest atmosphere of Red Fox Pitaya’s.
Don’t forget to come and see one of the most Spectacular Night Flowerings. These are not to be missed and are a most amazing sight. The orchard looks amazing with lights with massive thirty centimeter flowers blooming and each releasing a sweet musky perfume into the night air.
Please remember that we do not know the exact dates of the flowerings so contact us and register your interest so we can send you updates as to when the flowers will bloom.
Register by Phoning 07 41632040